I think that if anything will survive us it will be cockroaches.
They were here long before us, and no matter if we like them or not, they will be here long after we’re gone.
– Christa 2008-04-24 11:33 UTC
Well, we need to distinguish between our expectations and our dreams.
- I fully expect the next technology wielding species to be cold blooded if the climate warming is going to happen. In a warm climate constant high body temperature is no benefit anymore. Reptile man is coming.
- I think birds are cool, but big flying organisms are tricky. There will come a time when you need to jump and glide, and then rats will eat your eggs… Not good.
- What I would love to see, not caring about any of these constraints, are flying monkeys with angel wings and wearing an old-fashion red turkish fez!
Flying Monkey > Ninja > Pirate > Robot!
– AlexSchroeder 2008-04-24 12:16 UTC
Gotta love the flying monkeys!
If reality has a hand in it I reckon Christa it right; it’ll be the turn of the ‘roaches. A battle between lizards and insects would be very cool. Pure Godzilla action
I remember books from my childhood full of awesome airbrushed images of future creatures. Unfortunately, I don’t remember it well enough to recall the title. Time to hit google, methinks.
– GreyWulf 2008-04-24 20:56 UTC