1. Grab some old black and white film
2. Use a manual film SLR. I used my old and trusty Olympus OM-10
3. Go to The Roundhouse at Barrow Hill near Chesterfield. It’s a great place that maintains and renovates old engines.
4. Take photos. Lots of them
5. Develop the film the old way using genuine smelly chemicals and 30 second tank rotation.
6. Scan the negatives and be transported back to 1890
Well worth the effort, methinks.
Click the pic to see a slideshow of the finished shots. No added photoshop, guaranteed.