On this day …
- Aug 4, 1914: Germany invaded Belgium and, in response, Britain declared war on Germany.
- Aug 4, 1944: Anne Frank and her family were found hiding in Amsterdam by Nazis.
- Aug 4, 1916: Denmark ceded the Danish West Indies, including the Danish Virgin Islands, to the United States for 25 million.
- More events from This Day in History: Aug 4
- The 1995 CIA World Factbook by United States. Central Intelligence Agency – Language: English
- The Mirror of Taste, and Dramatic Censor by Various – Language: English
- Religious and Moral Poems by Phillis Wheatley – Language: English
- Jerusalem Delivered by Torquato Tasso – Language: English
- The Book of Stories for the Storyteller by Fanny E. Coe – Language: English
- Under the Andes by Rex Stout – Language: English
- Filosofiset mietelmät by Francis Bacon – Language: Finnish
- Mother America by Sam McClatchie – Language: English
- Arizona Sketches by J. A. Munk – Language: English
- Stories of Siegfried by Mary Esther Miller MacGregor – Language: English
- Laurence Sterne in Germany by Harvey Waterman Thayer – Language: English
- The Rover Boys on the Plains by Edward Stratemeyer – Language: English
- Idylls of the King by Alfred Lord Tennyson – Language: English
- Anne’s House of Dreams by L. M. Montgomery – Language: English
- Maggie, a Girl of the Streets by Stephen Crane – Language: English
- 15:00 UTC Taken for Granite – Warning about some granite countertops emitting radon and radiation.
- 15:00 UTC Starbucks Coupon – Internet-distributed Starbucks coupons — valid or not?
- 15:00 UTC Amazing Duck Story – Tale of rescued ducklings in downtown Spokane.
- 15:00 UTC An American Tail – Barack Obama’s campaign plane: a tale of two tails.
RSS parsing failed for http://rss.pantheon.org/feeds/newarticles.xml:
undefined entity at line 71, column 51, byte 4563 at /usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser.pm line 187
http://www.abandonia.com/rss.php returned no data, or LWP::UserAgent is not available.